- Apply for this job
Our client is a well-established corporate business in Aruba for more than 25 years with multiple luxurious retail outlets and employing around 60 employees. Quality service, customer loyalty and professionalism are among the company’s core values. The company is well structured, procedures are in place, roles are well defined, and employees are valued for taking ownership and showing initiative.
For this client, we are looking for a dynamic and experienced Accounting Manager. In this role you will be responsible for all areas relating to financial consolidations and reporting. You will be responsible for finetuning and maintaining accounting practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. You will be reporting directly to the Managing Director, act as sparring-partner, and be responsible for managing a small team to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES include:
- Manage all financial administrative processes and activities, while ensuring compliance with accounting principals and relevant laws and regulations;
- Assure the accuracy of the General Ledger and financial statements. This includes the information coming from Payroll, AR, AP, Inventory Control and other subledgers. Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions for all processes that touch the General Ledger.
- Verify proper controls are in place for the Point of Sales entries.
- Executes periodic rolling inventory of merchandise.
- Reconcile all balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis and assure all accounts are current and corrective steps are taken in a timely manner when required.
- Act as first contact for external accountant, banks and governmental institutions.
- Prepare yearly departmental budgets in collaboration with the department managers.
- Prepare periodic cashflow prognoses and other special reports when required.
- Improve the recording of fixed assets and establish a complete process for adding and retiring assets.
- Manage a small team of administrative staff and provide training as needed. Work with each staff member to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance their professional development.
EDUCATION & SKILLS
- MBO/EPI in Business Administration or Moderne Bedrijfsadministratie
- Minimum of 6 years of experience with General Ledger and reconciliation of subledgers.
- Work experience in a retail/commercial environment is a must; experience with inventory management is a pre
- Sound experience with accounting software (such as Peachtree, Exact, Accpac) and proficient with Microsoft Excel.
- Mature mindset towards work with strong time management skills and ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Good supervisory and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in English, Dutch and Spanish
- Inventory and Cost Control experience is preferred
- High level of accuracy and integrity
- Desire to learn and grow