- Apply for this job
For a midsize company in Aruba, delivering services to the industrial and construction sector, we are searching for an Accounting Manager. You will be responsible for an administrative team of 4 persons while reporting to the General Manager. The focus in this job is the financial reporting and ensuring that all financial transactions are processed accurately and timely. As the administration consists of more than one fiscal entity, the reporting will include consolidated annual reports. A large degree of initiative and pro-activeness is expected with regards to improving efficiencies, administrative workflows and procedures. You will be the contact person for the external accountant.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Supervise Accounts Receivables and come to solutions with passed due accounts;
- Initiates budget and forecasting activities.
- Collaborates with all departments to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Monitors and analyzes team work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Functions as first contact for external accountant, banks, payroll service and governmental institutions regarding payments and statements.
- Monitors all service agreements with external providers.
- Bachelor’s Level Degree in Business Administration / Business Economics,
- A thorough understanding of the financial reporting and GL structure,
- Understanding of AO/IC concepts and procedures;
- Independent worker with initiative;
- Proficient with Office software and strong working knowledge of Excel;
- Good administrative problem-solving skills and able to add value to an entrepreneurial/commercial business;
- Good communication skills in English and Spanish;
- Supervisory skills and preferably previous supervisory experience;
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines.