- Apply for this job
Our client is a large hotel resort in Aruba with multiple business units and well known for its good pay and benefits. For one of the business units, we are looking for an experienced Assistant Financial Controller. In this position you will oversee the day-to-day accounting aspects of some of the business units, while providing direction, management and leadership in the administrative, business planning, accounting, budgeting and automation efforts. You will ensure integrity of the financial data by timely, complete and accurate posting and reporting.
- Responsible for all sub-ledgers (AP, AR, Bank, Payroll), including monitoring and reconciliations;
- Preparing monthly and annual reports (P&L, Balance Sheet, Tax, SVB, ..) and analyzing;
- Supervising and guiding of Accounting staff, including Income Auditor and Night Auditors;
- Supervising monthly F&B inventories;
- Monitoring daily audit and cash receipts;
- Preparation of the monthly and year end closing, reports and evaluation;
- Preparation of financial reports and overseeing their evaluation;
- Developing system control to prevent inaccuracies in the financial reporting system;
- Assisting with the yearly budget preparation;
- Assisting with implementation and upgrading of new Accounting system and/or procedures.
- Preferably a Bachelor degree in Business Economics, Financial Management or equivalent combination of education and expertise;
- Minimum 5 of year experience in supervisory accounting position within a hotel environment and sound knowledge of hotel accounting processes;
- Fluent in English, Spanish, Dutch and Papiamento;
- Good communication skills;
- Good computer skills, including Excel and knowledge of accounting software;
- Good at organizing with time management and supervisory skills;
- Responsible, detailed and a person of integrity.