- Stationed in Aruba
- Apply for this job
Our client is a leading regional provider of health and wellness products. Its mission is to promote and support a healthy, nutritious, and active lifestyle through innovative products and advice for people of all ages. On behalf of this client, we are searching for candidates to fill the position of Buyer / Inventory Manager.
Your overall responsibility will be buying products, maintaining balanced inventory levels and strengthening supplier contacts. Together with Management, you will help improve business goals by developing and implementing procedures to maximize efficiency and optimize workflow, taking into consideration sales volumes, order frequencies, stock on hand, lead times, etc. Thanks to your sound numeric and statistical insight you will be able to successfully analyze and align market trends with vendors, products, and order volumes. To do so, you will consult regularly with the marketing, retail and warehouse teams.
This is not a position where you just go through the logistics process, it requires a proactive and engaged attitude with special interest in this specific market segment and a passion for health and wellness. This position also requires some travelling to other islands and vendor conventions.
- Bachelor’s Degree (e.g. Business Administration, Logistics, Supply Chain Management);
- Knowledge of inventory management systems, purchasing and forecasting;
- Preferably some experience with purchasing, product management, project management and/or financial analysis;
- Proactive self-starter with strong organizational and time management skills;
- Attention to detail with strong follow through;
- Strong analytical and numeric skills with a solid understanding of statistical concepts;
- Solid communications skills, verbal and written (English/Papiamento);
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, with some expertise in Excel;
- Eager to learn and develop both personally and professionally;
- Proven affinity with sports and/or a healthy and nutritious lifestyle.