- Apply for this job
In this position you will ensure the smooth daily operation and guest appeal of the resort. As the Chief Engineer you will oversee the maintenance and grounds staff as well as the contractors in all activities related to the maintenance, remodeling and repair of rooms, HVAC equipment, plumbing, electrical infrastructure and fixtures, energy conservation, water treatment, pool, public areas (incl. landscaping), life safety systems and all guest’s facilities. You will ensure that all technical equipment and staff operates at optimum effectiveness, efficiency and safety, as well as compliance with all SOP’s. Furthermore, you will establish the maintenance budgets, monitor expenses, analyze equipment efficiencies and present plans for improvement.
The Chief Engineer forms part of the Management Team and reports to the Director of Operations. The Chief Engineer communicates proactively with all resort departments to ensure that the Department is delivering an optimal maintenance support to the overall resort operations.
- At least completed Associate’s Degree in Engineering plus technical training in HVAC, Electrical and/or Plumbing;
- Ample years (preferably 10) of experience with resort maintenance (all relevant technical areas);
- Experience with supervising, coaching, training, monitoring and evaluating staff, engineering projects and contractors;
- Knowledge of and experience with the financial aspects of resort maintenance and engineering projects, such as budgeting, ordering and cost control of material and labor;
- Knowledge of all relevant safety standards and controls;
- Affinity with new energy solutions, such as solar and wind energy, as well as practical insight about the application and implementation hereof;
- Sound knowledge of all relevant software;
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer service with a positive and ‘Can Do’ Attitude;
- Good verbal communication skills in English, Spanish and Papiamento;
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations.
Apply for this Job
Please send your application and CV to email@example.com.