- Apply for this job
Our client is a middle-sized (ca. 125 FTE) and growing company in Suriname and part of an international sales organization with a corporate division and a retail division. For this client, we are looking for a Commercial Director, overviewing both divisions and reporting to the CEO. You will be directly responsible for defining and implementing sales strategies, in line with international company guidelines and programs. You will be responsible for guiding your teams in identifying new potential corporate clients, developing trusting client relationships, identifying sales opportunities and defining strategies to address these, along with key client management and contract negotiations leading to sales success.
In this senior management role, you are customer-focused, firm and collaborative. You are an exceptional relationship builder and communicator with analytical market insight and entrepreneurial flair to stimulate a broad range of activity and the commitment to see initiatives through. You have a high level of energy and a reputation for bringing good sales people together in productive and motivated teams.
Pay and benefits for this position are in line with international standards.
- Developing and fostering commercial relationships in the market to meet sales objectives (both corporate and retail);
- Leading the corporate sales teams and retail teams (through supervisors) to achieve and exceed targets;
- Introducing and maintaining effective sales management practices, ensuring that forecasted KPIs are achieved;
- Coaching and developing high performing sales teams;
- Developing key customer relationships, setting and meeting revenue and market share objectives;
- Developing and adjusting sales strategies, including prospect qualification, development and execution of new sales opportunities and ongoing revenue streams;
- Keeping pipeline management, sales process management including forecasting and administrating using CRM software;
- Arranging and conducting collaborative meetings with sales teams and clients to ensure customer satisfaction and to drive additional revenue streams.
- MBA Degree or equivalent with a strong combination of commercial and business management acumen;
- Significant experience in a senior sales leadership role and direct management of a corporate (B2B) sales team;
- Demonstrable track-record in dealing with C-level executives and generation of new business and key account growth;
- Excellent communication, presentation and persuasion skills;
- Ability to switch between strategical and tactical thinking and acting;
- Good team coaching and motivational skills;
- Professional command of English; Command of Dutch is a pre;
- Proficiency with MS Office products and CRM-software;
- Interest in working successfully with a range of different cultures.