- Apply for this job
Our client is among Aruba’s largest resorts operating a beachfront property, while its casino is owned and operated by a third party. Over the many years of its existence, the resort has developed itself over the many years as one of the best employers within the hospitality sector.
As the Director of Finance, you will function as the property’s strategic financial leader, providing the financial expertise to enable the successful implementation of the resort’s service strategy and initiatives. You will work closely together with the General Manager and Executive Committee on the creation and the execution of the resort’s business plan, focus on the execution of financial and accounting activities and the delivery of desirable financial results. You will lead an experienced team of finance & accounting staff while taking responsibility for their further growth and development.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
· Present and advise the GM and Executive Committee on existing and evolving operating/financial issues.
· Analyze financial data, forecasts revenues against expenses and create annual budget plans.
· Develop means to improve profit, including estimating costs and benefits.
· Analyze differences between actuals and forecasts for more efficient budget planning.
· Manage the cash flow and prepare cash flow forecasts in accordance with policy.
· Oversee all ICT-related projects and liaise to the GM and Executive Committee regarding the implementation and impact of all related activities.
· Communicate the strategic goals to staff in a clear and inspiring manner, while driving the desired behaviors.
· Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures.
· Prepare all supporting information for the annual audit with the external auditor.
· Achieve and exceed goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals.
· Generate and provide accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
· A Bachelor’s degree in Finance and Accounting or related major with sound financial, business economic and administrative experience.
· A minimum of 5 years of experience in leading a finance & accounting team in a management position.
· Sound knowledge of generally accepted accounting and internal control principles.
· Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills to evaluate alternatives and provide recommendations on business issues.
· Familiar with resort-related ICT projects and how these impact on daily operations and administration.
· Strong people skills with the ability to utilize interpersonal and communication skills to lead and influence.
· Advocates sound financial/business decision making within the Executive and Management Teams.
· Demonstrates honesty, integrity and leads by example.
· Well developed written and oral communications skills in English, Spanish and Papiamento.