- Apply for this job
Our client is a prominent and successful five-star resort in Aruba, searching for a F&B Cost Controller.
In this position you will be primarily responsible for calculating costs of food and beverage items and for the short and long-term planning of the F&B controlling and pricing aspects. Your goal will be to minimize the deviation from the budget and ensure that all F&B activities are within the approved budgets. You serve as the F&B ‘check and balance’, maintaining the highest level of accuracy and integrity in all financial statements.
You will prepare the daily and monthly cost reports while investigating and explaining the physical and administrative variances. Investigation includes research of inventory shrinkage and waste management at the various F&B outlets of the resort.
You will be managing the purchasing team and the storeroom team (total of 6 FTE)
- Monitoring cost and quality of F&B production, discussing variances with F&B Manager and/or Executive Chef, focusing on an effective control of the Food & Beverage cost minimizing wastage and pilferage;
- Analyze differences between actual, budget and forecasted cost of sales and expenses;
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly cost reports to include the investigation and explanation of variances;
- Perform spot-checks, and schedule, organize and direct all month-end inventories in conjunction with the appropriate F&B and Kitchen managers;
- Analyze information, forecast F&B sales against expenses and create annual budget plans;
- Ensure all transactions, reports and analyses are documented accurately;
- Analyze and review stock par levels and execute Bid-Price control;
- Initiate suggestions for cost and/or quality improvements;
- Maintain and manage the POS System and inventory control program;
- Supervise and train Purchasing and Storeroom personnel on inventory and AP processes;
- Maintain a current status on all open purchase orders.
- Minimum of five years of experience in a junior or assistant cost control position and familiar with the F&B production and service processes;
- Completed Bachelor’s degree in relevant education is desired but not required;
- Proven numeric analytical skills;
- Good social, communication and team skills;
- Strong organizational, planning, coordination and supervisory skills;
- Familiar with POS systems and accounting systems (AP, GL, IC);
- Productive knowledge of Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Outlook;
- Good command of English and Papiamento. Spanish is a pre.