- Apply for this job
Our client is a large and well-known regional player in the retail sector. The organization is successful as it has adopted a dynamic business model that enables them to adapt to the rapidly changing economy and market. For this client we are searching for a Finance Manager.
In this position you will have the financial responsibility for a large and complex portfolio. You will be responsible for financial performance management, with an emphasis on financial reporting and analysis, budgeting and long-range planning, forecasting, resource allocation, and accounting controls and compliance activities. You will take active part in preparing and executing the mid- and long-term business strategies while directing a small team of experienced accounting staff.
This position allows you to be the best you can, show and develop your financial talents while enjoying plenty of opportunities to work with several accomplished financial and businesspersons in the region. The learning experience that this position offers is likely to prepare you for a future move to a CFO position.
- Build and maintain financial budgets to help guide and influence business decisions and to support business strategy, forecasting and budgeting;
- Ensure that appropriate financial controls are implemented and maintained across the business unit to minimize the risks of loss for all assets and to identify and manage all financial obligations of the business;
- Analyze and present financial results performance to Management, including monitoring business health, P&L trends, key drivers, resource investments against plan/forecast assumptions and proposing spend optimization where appropriate;
- Ensure efficient cash management within the business;
- Lead and improve the financial reporting processes to ensure financial reporting deadlines are met, including monthly internal reports and ad hoc reports and also deliver timely and accurate year end reports;
- Ensure that financial results are stated accurately and in accordance with accounting policy and ensure business proposals and changes to existing processes are covered by appropriate policies, aligned with accounting cycles and sound internal controls;
- Drive cost efficacy initiatives through financial analysis, reporting and process improvements;
- Manage small team of accounting staff, develop talent and encourage team to challenge assumptions.
- Completed CPA or MBA with a minimum of 5 years of experience in a finance and accounting management role;
- Experience with financial reporting and modeling as well as internal controls & compliance;
- Strong (numeric) analytical skills in problem solving and project management with attention to accuracy and the ability to think at both the strategic and implementation level (Think big while also diving deep);
- Excellent communication skills across all business levels and with the ability to persuade with data;
- Experience with successfully managing an (administrative) team;
- Proficient level communication (written and verbal) in English and comfortable in Papiamento. Command of Spanish is a pre;
- Results-driven orientation and ability to see issues through to completion in a timely manner, with an eye towards continuous process improvement;
- Experience with Exact or Oracle Financial software is a pre.