- Apply for this job
For one of the top performing resorts in Aruba, we are looking for a Front Office Manager. In this position you will direct and control all activities of Front Office (including Night Audit), PBX, Belldesk (total of 30 FTE). Your overall responsibility will be to ensure that high guest service standards are met, as well as accuracy in all phases of the FO operation. Among your duties will be:
- Ensuring proper staffing levels of front office agents, including supervising, training and scheduling front desk agents, front office supervisors, bell staff and PBX operators.
- Maintaining and updating all FO related SOP standards;
- Managing guest resolution process to include investigation of situation and creative problem solving to ensure guest is satisfied with outcome;
- Managing and operating the FO system, ensuring that all transactions are accurately booked and processed;
- Communicating with Housekeeping and Engineering Departments regarding guest rooms, requests and maintenance requests/needs;
- Assist Management by handling special requests, group blocking and unusual circumstances;
- Accurately managing cash and credit card handling.
- Excellent communication skills and knowledge of English and Spanish is essential as well as good understanding of Papiamento;
- Excellent people skills and service-minded approach;
- Good working knowledge with FO system;
- Experience in operational hotel positions (preferably in Aruba) and at least 3 years in a supervisory FO position;
- Proven leadership skills.