- Apply for this job
The Arubaanse Voetbalbond (AVB) is the governing body of football in Aruba. It is a member of FIFA, Concacaf and CFU and is responsible for governing amateur football, including the men’s, and youth national teams. The activities of AVB mainly consist of promoting the interest of its members in respect of soccer and promotion of the social role of soccer in the broadest sense. Activities take place primarily in Aruba.
The day-to-day management of the AVB organization and operations is done by the General Secretary, in accordance with the instructions of the President. In this unique position, you will be responsible for managing the day to day administration and operations of the AVB. The overall key responsibilities of this position are:
- Ensuring sound organizational operations, including planning, executing, staffing and controlling for quality and productivity, including all arrangements needed for the smooth running of local, regional and international competitions;
- Leading and managing the Technical, Administrative and Marketing Teams of AVB (8 FTE), solving operational challenges, making decisions in the best interest of the organization, and steering towards a modern AVB organization that balances the passion and voluntary spirit of football with a modern and efficient business operation;
- Thinking Strategically and supporting the Executive Committee in establishing and renewing the AVB vision and values, by assessing the trends and conditions in the environment;
- Overseeing financial management (budgeting, reporting, establishing accounting guidelines);
- Representing ABV at community activities;
- Communicating and networking with both internal and external stakeholders at national, regional and international level.
We are looking for candidates who fit the following profile:
- Proven leadership skills and able to positively influence people and help them adapt to a changing work culture and environment;
- Good management skills, including financial, administrative and organizational skills;
- Positive character with strong communication skills and able to ‘build bridges’ and interact constructively with all stakeholders on all levels of the organization;
- Passionate about the sport of football and eager to visit clubs, games and interact with local players;
- Sound policy, corresponding and document writing skills in English and Dutch;
- Humble and community serving attitude.