- Apply for this job
Nagico Insurances is the largest general insurance company in the Caribbean with operations in more than 21 territories. With impressive and growing portfolios in both the personal and business sector, Nagico Insurances is constantly investing in new technology and professionals in order to live up to its promise “Fast, Fair and Always There”.
For the Aruban office, Nagico Insurances is looking for a dynamic Managing Director.
The Managing Director role is primarily focused on the finance and operations of the Life and non-Life Aruba operations including audit, external reporting (regulators), investments, tax planning, actuarial reviews, writing strategic plans, board reports and operational excellence improvement plans.
- Developing and executing business strategies to achieve short and long-term goals.
- Reporting to the board, providing market insights and strategic advice.
- Developing and implementing sales and business plans to improve cost-efficiency.
- Maintaining positive and trust-based relations with business partners, shareholders, and authorities.
- Overseeing the company’s business operations, financial performance, investments, and ventures.
- Supervising, guiding, and delegating team leaders in their duties.
- Ensuring company policies and legal guidelines are clearly communicated.
- Assessing, managing, and resolving problematic developments and situations.
- Building and enhancing the company’s public profile at events, speaking engagements, etc.
- Master’s Degree in Business, Economics, Finance or a related field with at least 10 years of experience in the financial, insurance, or banking industry.
- Extensive experience as a Managing Director or in a similar role.
- Strong affinity with Good Governance best practices and compliance.
- Experience in developing and implementing strategic and business plans.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English, Dutch; Papiamento is a plus.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Adept at crisis management and able to excel in high-pressure situations.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
NB: A psychological assessment and Pre-Employment Screening will be part of the selection process.