- Apply for this job
For one of our clients, an international optical retailer, opening its doors in Aruba, we are seeking applicants for the position of Optometrist. In this position you will be responsible for examining eyes and visual system, diagnose problems or impairments, prescribe corrective lenses and provide treatment in Aruba.
- Conducts tests to determine if a patient is far-sighted or near-sighted and prescribes corrective eyeglasses, contact lenses or other treatment options like low-vision rehabilitation or vision therapy in helping blind persons;
- Tests for glaucoma and other eye diseases caused by systematic diseases such as diabetes and high blood pressure and refers patients to an Ophthalmologist if necessary;
- Educates and counsels patients on contact lens care, visual hygiene, lighting arrangements, safety factors, correct reading habits and good nutrition and hygiene;
- Educates and counsels patients on related products and services;
- Schedules servicing, repairing, calibrating, regulating or fine-tuning of devices and equipment to ensure that results are accurate;
- Ensures that customers receive service that exceeds their expectations to encourage repeat visits.
- BSc in Optometry or equivalent;
- Experience with contact lenses will be an asset;
- Good customer skills;
- Good communication skills in Papiamento, English, Dutch and Spanish.
Pay & Benefits
Being part of an international concern, the level of pay and benefits are considered above average for the Aruban market.