- Apply for this job
The Aruba Tourism Authority (ATA) is the Destination Marketing Organization for Aruba responsible for uniting tourism interests amongst the on- and off-island stakeholders/partners for the purpose of coordinating destination marketing, destination business development and destination partnerships.
In the position of Research Specialist, you will be part of ATA’s research department, which is responsible for the preparation and development of policies, on short and long term, by conducting research studies, keeping up with trends and developments and the preparation of the different scenarios. You will advise ATA Management on developments in the tourism policy and support the staff within ATA. In this position you will develop a quality management system, advises, conducts market research and guides external market and product research.
Main tasks and responsibilities can be listed as follows:
- Analyzing policies and marketing developments in the field of tourism and related research areas;
- Receiving requests for new research studies and evaluating appropriateness, feasibility and approaches;
- Playing a central role in setting up new research projects, while consulting with all relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Conducting market research, collecting, processing statistically and interpreting data;
- Presenting research results and formulating prognoses / future explorations;
- Adjusting research techniques where needed and making substantiated proposals for the development of new methods, techniques and tools;
- Coordinating the execution of research projects and acting as ATA’s contact person for external partners in large research projects;
- Supervising the implementation of outsourced studies and monitors the progress, quality and utilization of available resources, while proactively interacting with all parties involved;
- Translating the obtained research results into advice and integral policy;
- Publishing the research results and presenting the results at conferences, symposia and workshops.
- Preferably relevant Master’s Degree with major in market research and statistics;
- Knowledge of modern research methods and techniques;
- Affinity with the Aruban tourism industry;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills that are reinforced with an excellent command of Dutch, English and Spanish, both spoken and written;
- Good planning and organizational skills with ability to multitask;
- Analytical thinking skills, combined with an innovative and creative mindset.