- ABC Islands (work location: Aruba)
- Apply for this job
With more than 50 years on the ABC islands, our client has acquired a solid reputation in the area of retail and after-sales service. Due to its modern management style, innovative business processes and readiness to invest in new digital technology, they are still on top of their game.
Our client is expanding its product lines and setting up a new division to deliver these products and services as per second quarter of 2019. To strategically and operationally manage this division, we are looking for candidates to fill the position of Retail Division Manager
In this position you will be responsible for the market launch, day to day execution and establishing market share of the divisional activities through the ABC islands. Based and operating out of Aruba, the job will require you to regularly travel within the islands of Curacao, Bonaire and St Maarten.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the leadership and direction of the division within the region;
- Develop and implement retail sales strategies to ensure that the division revenues are met or exceeded;
- Establish and build market share and sales volume by working in synergy with members of the regional and Aruba team;
- A strong commitment to align the business operations with the customers’ needs;
- Develop and build out activities to develop new customer lists and new business.
MERCHANDISING & STORE OPERATIONS:
- Assist in identifying relevant market trends and proactively play in to these developments;
- Assist in coordinating marketing plans to build and drive the division.
- Monitor inventory and rotation level versus agreed targets;
- Ensure that store environment is presented, merchandised and maintained to established regional standards;
- Day to day leadership of the retail/sales teams to include managing performance, training and development of the team.
WHAT IS OFFERED?
- Competitive salary with attractive bonus structure;
- Very competitive total rewards package, including above average pension program, guaranteed 13th month, vacation allowance, savings plan, employee discounts, additional medical insurance (dental, vison), professional training & development budget, and birthday off;
- Excellent growth opportunity.
- Degree in Business Administration/Marketing or Sales;
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a retail environment at management level, preferably with international exposure;
- Strong communication and presentation skills;
- Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office suite;
- Ability to work on own initiative and within cross-functional teams;
- A positive, can do approach, one that wants to test new things and seeks continual improvement;
- Organized and possess the ability to manage and prioritize a demanding workload;
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills, with strength in decision-making;
- Fluent in Dutch, English, Papiamento and/or Spanish;
- In possession of a legal residence status/work permit.