- Apply for this job
For one of our clients in the wholesale/retail sector, we are currently looking for an experienced Purchaser.
In this position, you will be responsible for managing the supply chain of the company, including buying equipment, goods and services. Experience is important due to the scope of products and services as well as the complexity of the logistics processes. Creating and maintaining strong business partnerships with suppliers is key. The main aim of the job will be comparing costs, quality and service in order to get the best price/value.
- Forecasting levels of demand for products to meet the business needs and keeping a constant check on stock levels to maximize business efficiency;
- Conducting research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality;
- Liaising between suppliers and sales departments;
- Identifying potential suppliers, visiting existing suppliers, and building and maintaining good relationships with them;
- Negotiating and agreeing contracts and monitoring their progress – checking the quality of service provided;
- Keeping contract files and using them as reference for the future;
- Forecasting price trends and their impact on future activities;
- Advises and works closely with the Managing Director on the organization’s purchasing strategy;
- Producing management reports and statistics;
- Evaluating bids and making recommendations based on commercial and technical factors;
- MBO+ / Bachelor degree in Logistics, Business Administration or related field;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a Supply Chain Management role;
- Skilled in Microsoft Office, strong knowledge in Excel ;
- Leadership skills and the ability to work well as part of a team;
- Mathematical ability, to work with figures and budgets;
- Good business sense, judgment and analytical ability;
- Negotiating and networking skills;
- Strong spoken and written communication skills in Papiamento, English, Dutch and Spanish;
- Organized approach, accuracy and attention to detail;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.