- Apply for this job
For a regional distributor and retailer of health and wellness products, we are looking for a Store Manager. In this position you will be responsible for operational aspects of the store in order to maximize the sales and customer service experience. The tasks and responsibilities in details are:
- Ensures that the store always meets or exceeds the set standards (including presentation, merchandising, customer greeting, answering the phone, etc)
- Responsible for the daily opening and closing of the store.
- Enforces security and safety policies. (Is first point of contact in case of alarm after-hours)
- Responsible for coordinating the maintenance of the store both inside and outside, including showroom and storage area, store facilities and signage.
- Informs the Operations Manager of any aspects of the store or personnel requiring attention, including IT issues.
- Informs Purchasing of any product issues, expiring products or overstock needing to be moved.
- Informs Accounting of any administrative issues, sends monthly invoices in for approval and prepares end of month administration.
- Is responsible for safekeeping of store keys and making sure alarm system is fully functioning by testing regularly.
- Oversees and purchases office and kitchen supplies
- Performs regular inventory checks and takes action to prevent stock loss.
- Supervises daily cash drawer opening and closing.
- Inspects incoming shipments on quantity and quality, receives goods and processes claims for the orders department.
- Ensures daily deposits are made and petty cash is picked up when necessary.
- Reports personnel sickleave, tardiness and vacation requests to the Operations Manager and HR department.
Sales & Customer Service
- Conducts and oversees the customer service, point-of-sale and product knowledge training for the personnel.
- Assists the Operations Manager in continuously evaluating and coaching the retail team.
- Promotes the store and services offered.
- Assists the retail team in customer service matters when necessary to help resolve any customer issues.
- Keeps up-to-date with relevant local market developments and what the competition is doing.
- MBO/Associate’s Degree with administrative and managerial skills and/or experience in a related field
- Leadership skills and previous experience in store supervision is required
- Good communication skills
- Well organized, accurate, able to prioritize, able to handle pressure, patience
- Interest in the field of Health & Wellness or willingness to learn (follow courses)
- Respectful, well groomed, confidential
- Proactive, with the overall interest of the company at heart
- A true team player who knows how to create and maintain team spirit and keep others engaged
- Solid communications skills in English and Papiamentu is a must (verbal and written) as well of good command of Spanish and Dutch (verbal)
- Profficient in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel)